The Commission’s Advising Center is part of EducationUSA, a global network of more than 450 information centers throughout the world. Our Advising Center offers information about undergraduate and graduate level studies, professional programs and intensive English courses. In addition to maintaining a large collection of materials from U.S. institutions, we also produce guide books that help prospective students understand the American higher education system, admissions requirements, application procedures and financial aid options. To assist students with their preparations, we supply registration bulletins and practice materials for standardized tests, as well as reference books and writing guides for college applications.
While our primary focus is American higher education, we also offer limited information about primary and secondary education, youth exchange programs, and internships.
OPENING HOURS & APPOINTMENTS
Curious about studying in the United States? Want to learn more about EducationUSA and check out the resources that we have available? Stop by our office on the sixth floor of the Royal Library of Belgium to learn more. Please note that the new walk-in hours of the EducationUSA Advising Center are limited to Wednesday afternoons from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
If you can’t come by during that time period and want to schedule and in-person advising appointment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You might also want to check out our upcoming events to see when an EducationUSA Belgium Adviser will be on a campus or at an education fair near you. Before coming by the office, we encourage you to consult the website and YouTube channel before contacting us for an individual advising appointment, as many questions can be answered through our online resources.
The Advising Center is located in the offices of the Commission for Educational Exchange between the United States, Belgium and Luxembourg on the sixth floor of the Royal Library of Belgium. The library is centrally located in downtown Brussels, 300 meters from the Central Station. Visitors may opt to take bus 29, 60, 63, 65, 66, or 71 to Koningsplein, to take the metro 1 or 5 to Gare Centrale/Centraal Station, or tram 92, 93, or 94 to Place Royale Koningsplaats.
Below please find a summary of the services provided free of charge by our EducationUSA Advising Center:
- Regular info sessions for undergraduate and graduate study
- Unbiased information and advice about undergraduate studies (Bachelor’s degree programs), graduate level studies (Master’s and Doctoral degree programs) and specialized fields (e.g. business, medicine, law) in the United States
- International student handbooks to assist with selecting institutions, preparing applications, writing personal statements, and preparing for your departure to the United States. Visitors may borrow materials for a refundable deposit of 20 euro in cash per book, and should send an email to email@example.com ahead of time
- Test preparation books for standardized exams (e.g., TOEFL, GRE, SAT, ACT). Visitors may borrow materials for a refundable deposit of 20 euro in cash per book, and should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time
The following services are also offered for a fee:
- Translation certification: Our in-house translation certification service that allows us to certify existing translations of academic documents. If you would like to take advantage of this in-house service, we ask you send us your own translations of the documents (in an editable MS Word file) as well as the scans of the original documents via email. We will then make sure your translation is correct and create a certified copy. We charge 20€ per translation for the service, plus 2€ for each additional copy you need. We also require you to bring in the original, untranslated, official document when you come in to pick up the certified translation.
- Exam invigilation: Our office is available to proctor distance-learning exams at a rate of 20€ per hour.
Please email email@example.com in advance if you would like to arrange for either the certification of a translation or the proctoring of an exam.
VOLUNTEER & INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Are you interested in interning at the Fulbright Commission? The Fulbright Commission offers a select number of internships for students, including part-time and full-time internships, throughout the year. Interns work on projects ranging from educational advising and program administration to event management and social media/communications; prospective interns are encouraged to visit our YouTube channel, which features interviews with previous interns. For volunteer and internship opportunities at the Fulbright Commission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.