On the evening of 12 November 2019, the Fulbright Commission in Brussels is proud to welcome representatives of 25 American law schools as part of their LLM Tour across Europe. Join us!
Now in its fifth year, the LL.M. Fair provides law students and young lawyers in Belgium the opportunity to meet and network with representatives from dozens of American law schools. Attendees will learn more about the application process, admissions, and the content of LL.M programs in the United States and will also be able to meet with law school representatives one-on-one. Whether you are a law student preparing for your next steps or a young lawyer looking to internationalize your CV, the LL.M. Fair is the perfect opportunity to learn more about legal education in the United States.
The fair will be held at the offices of Liedekerke Wolters Waelbroeck Kirkpatrick (Boulevard de l’Empereur 3 Keizerslaan, B-1000 Brussels) from 6:30 to 8:30 pm on Tuesday 12 November 2019. Attendees are not required to stay for the entirety of the fair.
Attendance at the LLM Fair is free, but space is limited to 100 participants and pre-registration is required.
6:30 – 7:15 pm: The U.S. LLM Experience — What, Why, and How!
Just starting to consider an LL.M. degree? Currently applying and have questions about the process? Join us for a panel discussion with representatives from U.S. law schools and alumni of LL.M. programs. Panelists will explore the U.S. legal education system and the value of an LL.M. degree, and will provide advice about crafting a competitive law school application. Doors will open at 6:15 p.m.
7:30 – 8:30 pm: LL.M. Fair
The main attraction — come meet with 25 representatives of 25 U.S. law schools during our fair! Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and prospective applicants are encouraged to wrap up their conversations at 8:30 p.m. Throughout the fair, attendees will also have the chance to network with one another and to meet with representatives of EducationUSA, Fulbright Belgium, and the Belgian-American Educational Foundation to discuss financing and scholarship opportunities.
Meet the Participating Institutions
The following U.S. law schools will be present to offer information about their schools and their programs. Stay tuned for more information about each participating institution:
- American University Washington College of Law
- Brooklyn Law School
- Columbia Law School
- Duke University School of Law
- Emory University School of Law
- Golden Gate University School of Law
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- New York University School of Law
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Saint Louis University School of Law
- The George Washington University Law School
- Tufts University – The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law
- University of Chicago Law School
- University of Michigan Law School
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- University of San Francisco School of Law
- University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law
- University of Wisconsin Law School
- Vanderbilt University Law School
- Washburn University School of Law